A healthy “Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie Recipe” made with Pink grapefruit, strawberries, cashews, and Oranges for an easy on-the-go breakfast option. It’s vegan, gluten free and ready in only 5 minutes!
Creamy and smooth with a punch of protein, “Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie” shiny smoothie is the perfect way to start any day. You can never think of pairing grapes and cashews, but let me tell you, this is a winning combination! And even though this recipe is hearty, it is refreshing acidity that will blow your senses. This is why I highly suggest it as eye opening, yet filling breakfast.
How to make Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie Recipe
Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie
- High Power Blender
- 2 each Pink grapefruit peeled and seeded
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries cored
- ¼ cup Raw cashews unsalted
- 2 medium Oranges peeled and seeded
- 2 cups Ice or filtered water 1 cup
Garnish:Strawberry and grapefruit slices. Place a strawberry and a piece of grapefruit on the side of each glass, and then serve.
- Calories: 359 (per serving)
- Carbohydrates: 38g,
- Protein: 8g,
- Fat: 8g,
- Fiber: 13g,
- Sodium: 4mg.
Use a high power blender. If you’re debating whether to spend money on a “good” blender, I’m just going to say: do it !! I waited too long to do so, and would rather go through several cheap mixes. Two of my favourite mixers are KitchenAid, Nutribullet Blender, and High Speed Blender.
I am using ruby red grapes, also known as pink grapes (there is a lot of confusion in labeling here) but any sweet and juicy grape is perfect for this recipe.
Support healthy, glowing skin with this Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie which is packed with free-radical fighting vitamins A and C!
- Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie is low in calories and also provides a significant amount of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- It benefits your immune system, as it contains many vitamins and minerals that are known for their role in preventing infection.
- Contains fiber, which helps in appetite control by promoting fullness.
- Consuming Grapefruit recipe before meals can be helpful for weight loss. Due to its fiber and water, it can promote fullness and reduce calorie intake.
- This smoothie can help reduce insulin resistance, which can reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- It contains nutrients and antioxidants that help protect the heart by controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Grape contains many types of antioxidants that can help prevent the development of some chronic conditions, including heart disease and cancer.
- Citric acid calcium oxalate in grapes may help reduce the formation of kidney stones.
- Grapes have a high water content, which helps you stay hydrated.
Few reasons to avoid Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie
If you take some medications or have sensitive teeth, you may need to limit your grape intake or avoid it altogether.
Some people may need to avoid eating this prescription.
For some people, consuming grapefruit and its juices can lead to discontinuation of medicines.
Medications that interact with grapes most commonly include:
- Most calcium channel blockers
- Some statins
If you are taking any of these medicines, talk to your doctor before including grapes in your diet.
2. Tooth Enamel Erosion
In some instances, eating grapes can cause tooth enamel erosion.
Citric acid, which is found in citrus fruits, is a common cause of enamel erosion, especially if you consume it in excess.
If you’ve got particularly sensitive teeth, you’ll need to avoid acidic fruits. However, there are some things you can do to preserve your tooth enamel while still enjoying the grapes:
- Never suck grapes or other acidic fruits and avoid applying them directly on your teeth.
- After eating the fruit, rub your mouth with water and wait 30 minutes to brush your teeth.
- Eat cheese with fruit. This helps neutralize the acidity in your mouth and increase saliva production.
Written by Amit Kumar. He is a certified Yoga Instructor; Diploma in sports & exercise and nutrition; Diploma in fitness and weight loss; Diploma in Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition, Food, Science and Menu Planning.
1 thought on “Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie Recipe”
We did something similar on the second day as well. We call it our immune booster.