Delicious Apple Coconut Muffins breakfast recipe to relieve bloating caused by high carbs, fruit diets. An excellent breakfast recipe to fill you with energy, or a delicious dessert service with vanilla flavor.
Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe are made with coconut milk, gelatin (vanilla protein powder), and sweetened with apple, a touch of honey and cinnamon. It is naturally gluten-free and full of fiber, gelatin, or vanilla protein powder also increases the protein content in this Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe.
Eating starchy carbohydrates for breakfast will put a stop to fat metabolism, and will trigger your body to turn to carbohydrates for a quick energy source for the remainder of the day.
How to Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe
This recipe is for Apple Coconut Muffins, which are a delicious and healthy snack or breakfast option. These muffins are made with coconut milk, desiccated coconut, eggs, gelatin or vanilla protein powder, vanilla powder or extract, apples, baking powder, cinnamon, and honey.
The batter is blended until smooth and then folded with diced apples before baking in a muffin tin. The resulting muffins are moist, fluffy, and have a slightly sweet and nutty flavor from the coconut and cinnamon. They are easy to make, and perfect for those looking for a healthy and delicious snack or breakfast option.
Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe
- paper cups
- hand mixer or food processor
- 3 oz coconut milk containing only water and coconut
- 2 oz coconut desiccated
- 8 whole eggs
- 2 oz instant gelatin or vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- ½ pound apples
- 2 tsp baking powder sodium, aluminum sulfate, double acting
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon optional
- 2 oz honey
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a food processor or with a hand mixer, blend together the coconut milk, desiccated coconut, eggs, protein powder, vanilla powder/extract, and honey until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend well.
- Peel and dice the apples into small pieces, then fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5–10 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional InformationPer Serving (1 muffin)
|Total Fat:||12 g|
|Saturated Fat:||8 g|
Note: These estimates may vary depending on the specific ingredients used, the size of the muffins, and other factors. It’s always best to calculate the exact nutritional information based on the specific brands and amounts of ingredients used in your recipe.
Health Benefits of Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe
1. Coconut milk
Animal and test-tube studies suggest that coconut milk can reduce inflammation, reduce the size of ulcers and fight infection-causing viruses and bacteria – although some studies have thoroughly solely examine coconut milk not done. 3
2. Desiccated coconut
Desiccated coconut is an ideal source of healthy fat that contains no cholesterol and contains selenium, fiber, copper, and manganese. 4
- Selenium: Selenium is a mineral that helps the body produce enzymes, which enhance the immune system and thyroid function. Selenium has been found to reduce the risk of heart disease, male infertility, free radicals in the body, and cancer.
- Copper: Copper supports energy levels, metabolism, helps in the formation of red blood cells and collagen. It also has natural antioxidant properties and protects the body from osteoarthritis.
- Fiber: The body needs fiber to maintain healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular function. Fiber reduces the risk of diabetes, stroke, and high blood pressure.
- Whole eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet, with small amounts of almost every nutrient. Omega-3 enriched and / or pasted eggs are also healthy.
- Egg is highly saturated and may reduce calorie intake later in the day. Eating eggs regularly can promote weight loss.
- It has high in quality animal protein and contain all the essential amino acids that humans require. Omega-3 rich and durable eggs can contain significant amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Consumption of such eggs is an effective way of reducing blood triglycerides.
- Egg is high in cholesterol, but eating eggs does not adversely affect cholesterol in the blood for the majority of people. Eating eggs consistently increases HDL (“good”) cholesterol levels, which is associated with a lower risk of many diseases.
- Eggs are among the best dietary sources of choline, a nutrient that is incredibly important, but most people are not getting enough.
- The antioxidant lutein and zeaxanthin are very essential for eye health and may help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts. They are both more eggs.
- Gelatin is made by cooking collagen. It is almost entirely protein and has many health benefits and may be utilized in food production, eaten as bone broth or taken as a supplement.
- It is made up of 98–99% protein, the remaining 2–2% is water and a small amount of vitamins and minerals. Gelatin is the richest food source of the amino acid glycine.
- Glycine, an amino acid in gelatin, can improve memory and a focus. It has also been found to reduce symptoms of certain mental health conditions, such as schizophrenia and OCD.
- Gelatin can help in weight loss. It is low in calories and has been shown to help reduce hunger and increase feelings of fullness.
5. Protein powder
Protein powders come from various sources and are available in many formulations. People use them to help increase muscle mass, improve the overall body composition, and meet their protein needs.
Whey protein is quickly digested, providing a rapid increase in amino acids that can help increase muscle and strength. It can reduce appetite and promote fat loss.
It is best to choose protein powder based on your dietary preferences, food tolerance and health and fitness goals.
- Apple promotes heart health in many ways. They are high in soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and even have polyphenols, which are related to lower BP and stroke risk.
- It is a good source of fiber and vitamin C and also contain polyphenol, which can have many health benefits. Types of fiber in apples feeds good bacteria and should be the reason they protect against obesity, cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Apples contain many naturally found compounds which will help fight cancer. It contains compounds that can help protect your stomach lining from injury due to NSAID painkillers.
- Apple has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds which will help regulate immune responses and protect against asthma.
- Han JR, Deng B, Sun J, Chen CG, Corkey BE, Kirkland JL, Ma J, Guo W. “Effects of dietary medium-chain triglyceride on weight loss and insulin sensitivity in a group of moderately overweight free-living type 2 diabetic Chinese subjects.” Metabolism. 2007 Jul;56(7):985-91. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2007.03.005. PMID: 17570262.
- Tsai YH, Park S, Kovacic J, Snook JT. “Mechanisms mediating lipoprotein responses to diets with medium-chain triglyceride and lauric acid.” Lipids. 1999 Sep;34(9):895-905. doi: 10.1007/s11745-999-0438-9. PMID: 10574653.
- Hornung B, Amtmann E, Sauer G. “Lauric acid inhibits the maturation of vesicular stomatitis virus.” J Gen Virol. 1994 Feb;75 ( Pt 2):353-61. doi: 10.1099/0022-1317-75-2-353. PMID: 8113756.
- Global Resources Direct: Health Benefits of Desiccated Coconut.