Are you tired of feeling self-conscious about your height? Whether you are looking to boost your confidence or simply want to feel taller, there are natural ways to increase height. While genetics play a significant role in determining your height, there are several factors that you can control to help you reach your maximum potential.
Although body height is genetically determined, it is also a well-known fact that development depends on something, external factors and nutrition (balance diet) is one of them.
In this blog post, we will explore various methods to increase height, including diet, exercise, and lifestyle factors. So, let’s dive in and discover how you can take steps to increase your height naturally.
Slow elevation may be the result of slow growth due to insufficient nutrition. Adhering to a balanced diet is essential to improve your chances of growth, especially during adolescence, to get a well-built body.
Proper food and exercise are necessary to achieve optimal height and body weight. Make sure that your body gets different types of nutrients to make stronger Muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
A lot of calcium, minerals, vitamins, and protein should be included in your diet.
Although there are many products available in the market that promise to increase altitude, they often do not work.
HGH – human growth hormone
Height is controlled by a type of hormone known as human growth hormone (HGH). It is secreted by the pituitary gland, which increases the height of the body. Therefore, it is recommended to take foods that help HGH function. 1 2
Many factors contribute to your overall height. It is thought that the genetic factor is 60 to 80 percent of your final height. Certain environmental factors, such as nutrition and exercise, are usually responsible for the remaining percentage. 3 4
Between the age of 1 year and puberty, most people attain a height of about 2 inches each year. Once puberty hits, you can grow at a rate of 4 inches per year. However, everyone grows at a different pace. 5
For girls, this developmental boom usually begins in adolescence. Boys may not experience a sudden increase in height until the end of their teens.
Men continue to grow until the age of twenty-five years, while women attain full height by the age of eighteen or nineteen years.
Essential factors to increase height naturally
So, does one’s height actually increase naturally? If yes, how? This we are going to see in this post. read on!
Proteins are the building blocks of our body and thus can help increase height by building different tissues. It contains amino acids that are designed for growth hormones and are essential for maintaining healthy bones, muscles, tissues, organs, skin, and teeth.
They also act as enzymes that stimulate the body’s biochemical reactions such as digestion. Protein deficiency can cause many health problems such as loss of muscle, abnormal development, weakened immune system and insufficient mental development.
Therefore, carbohydrates should be replaced with foods that are rich in protein such as fish, eggs, milk, beans and lentils. Protein is an essential component in food to increase hight.
Eating vitamin D is important for the development of strong and healthy bones. Its deficiency can lead to impaired growth, weak bones, and short stature. In addition, it is required by the body for the absorption of calcium. 6
Apart from vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 or other vitamins such as riboflavin, vitamin C or ascorbic acid are also essential for normal growth. These are mostly contained in fruits and vegetables.
Foods containing minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, fluoride, iodine, iron, and manganese also play an important role in height and body growth.
Calcium is an important mineral for the development and maintenance of strong bones. There are also supplements available, but when it is found naturally in foods, it is better to consume it as it is dependent on vitamin K supplementation unless it is really needed.
Carbonated drinks, excessive salt, sugar, fat, and coffee should be banned as they act as calcium inhibitors, thus adversely affecting your growth.
Illegal drugs and excessive smoking can also affect your growth and have other harmful effects on your health.
If you have a condition that affects your production of human growth hormone (HGH), your doctor may recommend a supplement containing synthetic HGH.
But, in only a few cases where it may be appropriate to increase height in children and cope with shrinkage in older adults.
Additionally, older adults may wish to take vitamin D or calcium supplements to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
In all other cases, you should avoid supplementing with promises about increase height naturally. Once your growth plates fuse together, there is no possibility ti work that you can increase your height, even if you take the supplement.
5. A good sleeping habits
Good sleeping is essential factor for increase height. This is because your body releases HGH during sleep. If you are not getting enough shut-eye, the production of this hormone and others may decrease.
Sometimes skimping on sleep will not affect your height in the long term. But if during adolescence you regularly sleep less than the recommended amount, it may lead to complications.
Here are some tips to get a good sleep:
- Taking a warm bath before going to bed can increase the quality of sleep.
- According to the study, a sudden drop in body temperature can lead to sleep and lethargy.
- You can drink a cup of chamomile tea before hitting bed. It is really useful for inducing sleep.
Taking extra sleep can also increase HGH production, so go ahead and take that power nap.
It has been suggested that:
- Newborns up to 3 months get 14–17 hours of sleep every day
- Infants aged 3–11 months receive 12–17 hours
- Children ages 1-2 years get 11-14 hours
- Younger children ages 3-5 get 10-13 hours
- 6-13 year olds get nine to 11 hours
- Teens between the ages of 14-17 get eight to 10 hours
- Adults 18-64 get seven to nine hours
- Older adults are over 65 years of age and the elderly receive seven to eight hours.
6. Do yoga
Yoga is naturally a better and comparatively less powerful way to increase your height. Yoga improves the overall fitness of your body, which is useful to boost your rate of growth.
Some yoga poses facilitate the secretion of growth-inducing hormones in the body. The stretching and balancing exercises involved in yoga strengthen muscles and also improve body posture.
Do yoga, if targeted posture practice is not your thing. Yoga for full body exercise can strengthen your muscles, align your body, and help your posture. This will help you stand tall.
Some popular poses to improve posture include:
- Sarvangasana or shoulder stand
- Halasana or Plough pose
- Wheel Pose or Chakrasana or Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Padahastasana or Hand Under Foot Pose
- Shirshasana or Yoga Headstand
8. Be in a good poster
In a bad posture you may look like shorter than you actually are. And over time, deceleration or slowing can also affect your actual height.
A good posture makes you tall, smart and confident. It should be right from childhood, the emphasis should be on the maintenance of correct posture.
Some tips to improve one’s posture include the following:
- Itching directly on a chair,
- Keep your shoulders straight and chin high,
- Keep your hips at your feet while walking or standing.
- Also, remember not to hump while walking.
- A straight spine and a strong back can help increase your height.
- Align your neck and head without bending or tilting.
- It is important to have a good pillow and a body-friendly mattress to keep your spine straight.
- It should be noted that your shoulders should not stop while walking or standing.
- The hump should be avoided in every way.
Improve your posture by doing practice exercises designed/routine to improve your posture over time. If you are not sure where to start, talk to your doctor. They can help develop an exercise routine that is right for you.
9. Balance diet plan for increase height
- Milk is an excellent source of calcium which is important for the growth and maintenance of strong bones and acts as a height enhancer.
- Eggs are the best source of protein for building tissues and muscles.
- The best source of plant protein and complex carbs are available in oats.
|Dahi ( yogurt)||1 cup|
- Yogurt is a rich source of vitamin D and calcium which is essential for growth. Reduced vitamin D deficiency may lead to lower elevation.
- Fruits help in healthy growth of bones and contribute to a person’s height. In addition to increasing height, fruits and vegetables play an important role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
|Paneer or Chicken||100g|
|Pasta (Whole wheat)||1/2 cup|
- Grains are the main source of energy in our body, which is beneficial for proper growth.
- Chicken is the best source of protein for building tissues and muscles.
|Soy beans||1 cup|
Pure protein, contained in soybeans, improves bone and tissue mass.
|Brown rice||1/2 cup|
(cabbage, carrots & tomato)
BEFORE 1 HOUR OF BED
10. Increase height exercises routine for gym
or Pelvic stretch
|Rest period||1 – 1:30 mints|
|Hamstring stretch||3 sets|
|Rest period||30 seconds|
|Cobra stretch||3 sets|
|Rest period||30 seconds|
|Hanging bar||3 sets|
|Rest period||30 seconds|
- Olarescu NC, Gunawardane K, Hansen TK, et al. “Normal Physiology of Growth Hormone in Adults.” [Updated 2019 Oct 16]. In: Feingold KR, Anawalt B, Blackman MR, et al., editors. Endotext [Internet]. South Dartmouth (MA): MDText.com, Inc.; 2000-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279056.
- Brinkman JE, Tariq MA, Leavitt L, et al. “Physiology, Growth Hormone.” [Updated 2022 May 8]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2023 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK482141.
- Dauber A, Rosenfeld RG, Hirschhorn JN. “Genetic evaluation of short stature.” J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 Sep;99(9):3080-92. doi: 10.1210/jc.2014-1506. Epub 2014 Jun 10. PMID: 24915122; PMCID: PMC4154097.
- Mittal M, Gupta P, Kalra S, Bantwal G, Garg MK. “Short Stature: Understanding the Stature of Ethnicity in Height Determination.” Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2021 Sep-Oct;25(5):381-388. doi: 10.4103/ijem.ijem_197_21. Epub 2022 Jan 12. PMID: 35300450; PMCID: PMC8923322.
- Nakamoto JM. “Myths and variations in normal pubertal development.” West J Med. 2000 Mar;172(3):182-5. doi: 10.1136/ewjm.172.3.182. PMID: 10734809; PMCID: PMC1070801.
- Vitamin D – Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. Available from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional.